Insurance For Owners

Owners of rental properties should have a landlord insurance policy rather than a homeowners’ insurance policy.  A landlord insurance policy will cover the rental property, including fixtures, but will not include the furnishings.  It also includes liability insurance.  The lease should require the tenant to have a renter’s insurance policy, which would provide coverage for the tenant’s personal property.  If the owner is leaving any personal property in the rental, such as a television or other audio visual equipment, the owner may need a rider to the insurance policy for coverage.

About Coldwell Banker Bain Property Management

As residential property managers for Coldwell Banker Bain Property Management Division, we manage single family residences, individual condominium units and small apartment complexes in the greater Puget Sound region. We serve Seattle, Tacoma, Anacortes, Marysville, Bainbridge Island, Lynnwood, Everett, Redmond, Bellevue and many other cities in Washington State. We also offer full service commercial property management.
This entry was posted in Did you know... and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s