Insurance and Condos

If you are an investor and you own a rental condo, you may need a landlord insurance policy!  The homeowners’ (HOA) policy typically covers only the structure and not the carpets, appliances or drapes.  Most policies don’t cover the costs of plumbing problems within the unit – problems that can cause damage to the condo and/or to the unit below.  In addition, many HOAs have large deductibles in order to keep premiums down.  Finally, the HOA policy will not cover landlord liability.  Even if the mortgage company does not require additional insurance, you should talk to your insurance agent.

About Coldwell Banker Bain Property Management

As residential property managers for Coldwell Banker Bain Property Management Division, we manage single family residences, individual condominium units and small apartment complexes in the greater Puget Sound region. We serve Seattle, Tacoma, Anacortes, Marysville, Bainbridge Island, Lynnwood, Everett, Redmond, Bellevue and many other cities in Washington State. We also offer full service commercial property management services.
This entry was posted in Did you know... and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.