Refinishing a bathtub is an option to consider. Labor costs are less since the tub doesn’t have to be removed but special care must be made of the tub surface once it’s refinished. Think twice about doing this in a rental property where tenants may not follow certain guidelines.
If guidelines are not followed, the warranty provided by the refinishing contractor may be void.
Here are some of the guidelines:
- Bathmats cannot be used -the suction cups can pull off the new surface
- Cleansers like bleach and Comet cannot be used, they can change the color or scratch the surface
- If drain cleaners are used they cannot touch the tub surface
- Product bottles such as shampoo, cannot be stored on the rim of the tub
- Don’t wash the pets in the tub, nails will scratch the surface and start eroding
~You have options – consider them if applicable to your situation~
NOTE: This is provided for illustrative purposes only and should not be relied on as a final solution in every case. You are advised to obtain the consul of a contractor specializing in this field.