We don’t handle furnished rentals? In our experience the additional rent doesn’t justify the additional expenses and hassles. For instance:
- We cannot begin to charge enough of a deposit to cover the potential loss or damage of personal property;
- By definition furnished rentals are short term (defined as less than 6 month lease) so more frequent turn overs, increased vacancy and costs and
- Greater risk of someone moving out in the middle of the night if they don’t have “stuff” holding them down.
- Everything included has to be inventoried and condition noted at move in and move out and everything must be maintained by the owner. So if the coffee pot dies, the owner has to repair or replace it.
- Tenants in furnished rentals tend to have much higher expectations of service. This is typically more like what is offered in apartments than your normal single rental.
We are here to help you and your clients with all aspects of the rental market. Please contact us for further assistance.
Nothing found herein should be construed as an attempt to offer or render a legal opinion or otherwise engage in the practice of law. You should obtain the advice of an attorney well versed in these matters.